Saturday, April 14, 2012

MY SENSUAL DREAM DAY


Latest posting for the Health Activist Writing Month Challenge from WEGO http://blog.wegohealth.com/ 


My Dream Day.
Describe your ideal day. How would you spend your time? Who would you spend it with? Have you had this day? If not – how could you make it happen? 


My ideal day begins with waking slowly from a blissful dream, my body totally relaxed and a smile on my face. I linger under the covers, savoring clean sheets, as clouds drift past my skylight, puffy white on blue. I smell coffee brewing and homemade rye bread toasting. I dress and wander onto the patio, breakfast in hand.  

A light-spirited friend is coming to pick me up to drive along the ocean to a nearby private beach with a picnic that includes lobster salad, avocados, and kiwi fruit. We have a fabulous time talking and laughing, then spontaneously decide to go to a nearby amusement park to ride the roller coaster. 

After pleasantly exhausting ourselves, as late afternoon shadows grow long, we go to a bluff overlooking the ocean to sit quietly for half an hour. 

When she drops me off at home I find that my guy has cooked supper for us. We eat on our 3-season porch, talking easily and laughing, then sit in the living room in front of a fire playing scrabble to soothing music. OR he surprises me by taking me to a fabulous display of fireworks. He has packed dessert, champagne and a blanket. We lie directly beneath the fireworks snuggling and eating strawberries.

No comments: